Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Eli is 3 and it kind of blows my mind.

Am I the only one having a hard time believing I have a 3 year old?
It blows my mind every day that I can carry on a conversation with this kid.
He is such a talker these days. And so smart.
I have to watch what I say now because he doesn't let me forget! Haha :)
I think the part I was most unprepared for when I started having kids was how much you love them, and how much you want them to just stay little in your arms forever, and unfortunately how fast time flies by with them.
I just want to bottle up this time and save it forever.

I made Eli a cars birthday cake and I may or may not have stayed up all night doing it. 
I'm kind of a crazy person.
Foolish sacrifice?
I'm still deciding. 
All I know is Eli REALLY loved it. 



I may or may not have prayed for rain so that martin could be at his son's party.
And it totally happened. 
Haha it was a down pour. 

We had some family over to share the cake and open presents with.
Eli was super excited about all his new toys. 
Until he had to share them. 
Such a hard concept. :)





In case you were wondering, he did have a birthday last year too. 
But that was during my bad mother phase where I didn't write down or blog anything about our life.
And now I'm kicking myself. 

He had a farm themed cake last year...


And he hated being sung to. 
Haha :)


So hard to believe that was a year ago. 
Wish time didn't go by so fast!


No comments:

Post a Comment