Wednesday, November 20, 2013

All Hallows Eve

Every year for Halloween we have "gross grub" at my parent's house. 
This is a tradition that has been going on since I was a little girl. 
I don't remember a Halloween that we didn't have it. 
And I love it. 


This year we had "monster meatloaf"


"jello blood worms"


"snakes on a stick"


And some mummy drinks


Just to name a few things :)

Eli talked and talked about how he was going to be Toothless from how to train your dragon.
He wouldn't let it go. 
Unfortunately, there weren't any toothless costumes worth buying.
I'm not kidding, you should search for one sometime. 
They are hideous and really a terrible representation of the character.
So, I made him a homemade costume.
He loved it, and really it's pretty cute, but it's not easy to get a picture that really shows it off. 
Especially when a 3 year old is wearing it. 
Haha.


Bub got to be a viking to go along with Eli, but we kept his costume to a minimum because honestly it was just impossible to keep it on him. 
He's not really into hats.


We took Eli trick or treating around my parent's block and he loved it!
He's going to need some more practice though. 
He would say "trick or treat" loud and proud when we were walking down the street, but as soon as he knocked on the door and someone answered, he was quiet as a mouse. 
Haha he would hardly say it!
And then his thank you's were just as shy. 
Silly boy. 
As soon as the door closed again and we were walking away, he would shout "I LOVE TRICK OR TREAT! It's so fun!!"
We went to about 10 houses and then went back to my parents where the boys shared Eli's spoils.


Last year Eli loved answering the door and handing out candy, and this year he was just as excited to do it. It was fun to watch.
We just felt bad for the kids he was giving candy to because he wasn't always equal in his distribution. Haha. 
And now that the holiday is over Eli is already telling me what he wants to be next year. 
It's currently "Rubble" from the show "Paw Patrol".
I guess we will see how many times that changes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment